Race Entry - opens May24
- The winners of each race are the first, second and third place-getters.
- Competitors in the 2km event must be 15yrs or over
- Competitors in the 1Km events must be 12yrs or over
- Extraneous swim aids are not allowed in either the Point2Pub or McCauley K events. This includes, but not limited to, fins, boards, snorkels, floatation gear and personal support teams.
- Swim aids are permissible in the 1km Trident swim.
- Goggles are allowed and are recommended.
- Wet suits are allowed for water temperatures below 22o C for the 1km swim and below 24.5 o C for the 2km event.
- An interim water temperature reading will be taken 24 hours before race start, and a final water temperature reading will be taken 1 hour before race start.
- When wetsuits are allowed, all components of the wetsuit will fit to the athletes’ body tightly.
- Swimmers will be required to have an official swim cap and a transponder on their ankle which must remain on the individual throughout the event. No swimmer shall be recorded as a finisher unless wearing the official swim cap, transponder on their ankle.
- Organisers reserve the right to accept, reject and cancel entries.
- Swimmers must swim the course as marked. Any variation to the course will be announced at the start.
- Swimmers who cross the start line before the starting gun is fired will be liable for disqualification.
- Protests must be made to the Race Director within fifteen minutes of the announcement of the provisional results. All decisions of the Race Director are final.
- Race officials shall have the authority to remove a competitor from the race if the competitor is judged to be physically incapable of continuing the race without the risk of injury to themselves or others.
- A competitor is judged to have finished when the competitor’s attached timing chip crosses the finish line.